Home and Personal Safety


Our Councillors recently met with the Community & Crime Reduction Resilience Officer of East Riding of Yorkshire Council. Did you know that you may be eligible to apply for a Safe & Sound Grant? The grant is available to homeowners and private tenants and is designed to help minimise the fear of crime by providing additional home security measures to enable residents to feel safer in their home.

To qualify for assistance applicants must be:

  • Aged over 60 or disabled
  • A homeowner or private sector tenant / Housing Association tenant.
  • Everyone living in the property must not have a bank balance, when added together, of over £23,250.

If you meet the eligibility additional home security measures are available include

  • Additional locks for doors and windows
  • Door Chains
  • Door viewers
  • Window alarms

If you are interested in applying, you can request an application form by sending an email to safe.communities@eastriding.gov.uk  or by calling 01482 396380


Have you ever considered setting up a local Neighbourhood Watch Group? For information either email:

safe.communities@eastriding.gov.uk   or write to:  ERYC Community & Crime Reduction Resilience Officer, c/o Housing and Public Protection, County Hall, Beverley HU17 9BA


If you are suffering the effects of Anti-Social behaviour East Riding Council have a team to help. You can call 01482 396380 to speak with the team and can also report a crime anonymously be calling Crimestoppers on 0800 555111